• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

SOLVED Need help with Space Rocks tutorial

• Thread starter ofmiceandfreeman
  • Start date
O

ofmiceandfreeman

I had done most of the space rocks tutorial, and saw that their is no respawn feature. I scrolled down to the comments under the video (I was watching the tutorial on YouTube while coding in a different window) and found some comments giving a way to respawn. It was as follows: "instance_create_layer(room_width/2,room_height/2,"Instances",Obj_Ship)". After trying it out, it works, but with a bug. After you die and lose your first life, you ship grows in size quite a bit. I looked through my code, and there was nothing that could be changing the size of the sprite. Any ideas for fix's?
(Note: This tutorial is my first time ever coding in GML.)

O

ofmiceandfreeman

Sorry for not checking my inbox, I was busy. I've fixed this on my own. Nevertheless, thank you!!