• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Need help with soft body physics for a pixel art character.

L

lonelyember

I am trying to create a squishy slime character that bounces around the level and sticks to surfaces.
I have managed to get meta balls working to simulate the sticking effect, but for the physics I am having a hard time.
Problems:
- The density of the particles is no where near high enough to get a ball shape.
- I have been trying to draw a primitive triangle fan by getting the outer particles and using this to draw a ball sprite. This is very inaccurate and only some particles are detected as being edge particles
(I am checking their distance from the middle and comparing this to the radius).

1599240290836.png
Red indicates that it is being detected as a edge particle. I will use these as points to generate the triangle fan to draw a sprite on top of.
However, this square shape will not work for my purposes.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.