• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Need Help with Point and Click Game

Q

Quotentickles

So I know the basics of this type of movement option, you click on the screen and the player object moves, the lower the speed the slower they go

GML:
if (xx != mouse.none && yy != mouse.none) {
move_towards_point(xx,yy,spd)
} else {
    speed = 0;
}
if (distance_to_point(xx,yy) < spd + 2) {
    xx = mouse.none;
    yy = mouse.none;
}
but does anyone have a thread or a video they could link me to so I could deal with things like path finding and collision with walls and objects? I really wanna make it a little Lucas Artsy

NightFrost

Point&click based adventure games tend to use polygon based pathfinding, which I wouldn't recommend as one's beginner coding projects. The mp_potential commands should serve you well enough. I recall they may cause bit of wall-hugging in more complex layouts, but point&click rooms usually don't need anything very complicated.

Q

Quotentickles

Point&click based adventure games tend to use polygon based pathfinding, which I wouldn't recommend as one's beginner coding projects. The mp_potential commands should serve you well enough. I recall they may cause bit of wall-hugging in more complex layouts, but point&click rooms usually don't need anything very complicated.
That shouldn't be a problem, I'm making a stealth pnt n clck anyway