Team Request Need help with pixel graphics

D

Dandysius

Hey guys, I'm currently working on a Android/iOS game that is 90% done. But it's just still missing some graphics to make it perfect. As it is an RPG game, I want the world in the game look more beautiful by adding some rocks and stuff like this. Maybe some new tilesets? More houses in towns would look great too. Or if you can draw better than me, you can try to rework my average looking trees. I am grateful to anyone who helps me. This game is going to be probably very successful, so I believe this would be great reference for you.
I'll also add you to credits. Don't hesitate to PM me :)

Attachments

D

Dandysius

If your game is ends up being "very successful," maybe you should give some actual money to the artists you're trying to get free work from, lol
The way you're thinking is broken... Go to the nearest factory, if you're just hunting for the money. I want to see results first. I will not pay nobody for graphics that doesnt fits for the game, or that I can do better myself. If people will impress me with their graphics style, then we can really talk about money. Till then, f*** off, lol

flerpyderp

The way you're thinking is broken... Go to the nearest factory, if you're just hunting for the money. I want to see results first. I will not pay nobody for graphics that doesnt fits for the game, or that I can do better myself.
Nobody is expecting you to pay the full amount up front without a sample of their work, that's not how it usually works. However, you're literally asking people to work for you for free, even with the infamous "you'll get to tell people you worked on this magnificent game!" at the end.

If people will impress me with their graphics style, then we can really talk about money. Till then, f*** off, lol
And even if someone was perfectly happy to make free artwork for your "probably very successful" game, this attitude would discourage me entirely.

D

Dandysius

Nobody is expecting you to pay the full amount up front without a sample of their work, that's not how it usually works. However, you're literally asking people to work for you for free, even with the infamous "you'll get to tell people you worked on this magnificent game!" at the end.

And even if someone was perfectly happy to make free artwork for your "probably very successful" game, this attitude would discourage me entirely.
You were probably born as a proffesional pixel artist, but I would like to make you sure I was working for free for a long time, until I became better in game development. And I believe that this article can be found by a lot of people, who are just getting better, I just offer them to practice on game which has potential and will be published, instead of simple training projects. Nowhere is written, I'm looking only for professional artist. So I really do not know, what problem are you solving here? Are you interested? Ok, PM me. You do not want to help me? Ok, nobody is forcing you. That's it...

flerpyderp

You were probably born as a proffesional pixel artist, but I would like to make you sure I was working for free for a long time, until I became better in game development. And I believe that this article can be found by a lot of people, who are just getting better, I just offer them to practice on game which has potential and will be published, instead of simple training projects. Nowhere is written, I'm looking only for professional artist. So I really do not know, what problem are you solving here? Are you interested? Ok, PM me. You do not want to help me? Ok, nobody is forcing you. That's it...
It's not at all unheard of to find someone willing to collaborate for free. But considering your optimistic appraisal of your game's potential for success, if I was the artist for the game, ultimately the person responsible for giving potential users the first impression which decides whether or not they even bother to give the game a download, I would be frustrated to find that I've worked to line someone else's pockets with nothing in return. And saying, "work for free, and if it makes any money, then you'll get some (maybe)" wouldn't cut it.

I'll admit that I'm making presumptions here, since you only said "very successful", but didn't mention monetization or anything. Good luck with your project.

Last edited:
D

Dandysius

It's not at all unheard of to find someone willing to collaborate for free. But considering your optimistic appraisal of your game's potential for success, if I was the artist for the game, ultimately the person responsible for giving potential users the first impression which decides whether or not they even bother to give the game a download, I would be frustrated to find that I've worked to line someone else's pockets with nothing in return. And saying, "work for free, and if it makes any money, then you'll get some (maybe)" wouldn't cut it.

I'll admit that I'm making presumptions here, since you only said "very successful", but didn't mention monetization or anything. Good luck with your project.
Man.... wtf?? I'm asking for help, not doing all the work instead of me! Game is not standing on graphics I need to help with and never will be! It is just to make to game more beautiful!!! I really do not need that graphics at all, so it is lining my pockets, right? Maybe I should do the graphics myself, I believe all the sprites could be done in the time I'm answering your comments... Are you full-time indie developer? If you are not: "line someone else's pockets" is exactly what you do. I'm at least working on my own project, for a months and still for free by the way... Just living from my previous games and hoping this one will be popular too. That this game will be successful is only my belief, because I already have on Google play about 4 games with 300k downloads+ each and I believe I can do this again... Maybe you should start your own project too, and do not forget to pay everyone for everything. Maybe then, you will truly understand what help means. For me is making games hobby that I love, not the opportunity to pull out money out of hoping developers.

Btw. U killed me with this : "And even if someone was perfectly happy to make free artwork for your "probably very successful" game, this attitude would discourage me entirely."
And yes .... Surprisingly, I do not want to make games that will nobody play, unlike you.
Good luck with making games for nobody and getting paid for it.

kupo15

For me is making games hobby that I love, not the opportunity to pull out money out of hoping developers.
If its a hobby for you to make this game for the love of it, can you define what "the game is probably going to be very successful" means or what "success" would look like to you for the game? Is it giving out the game for free for the joy of people enjoying your game? I'm curious...

D

Dandysius

If its a hobby for you to make this game for the love of it, can you define what "the game is probably going to be very successful" means or what "success" would look like to you for the game? Is it giving out the game for free for the joy of people enjoying your game? I'm curious...
Maybe you should read my comment again... D*mb question af...

No, it was a perfectly reasonable and polite question asked in good faith by a developer who's much further along than you. I hope you're as young as I think you are.

Here's a secret: kupo's a nice guy. He was almost definitely asking his "dumb af" question to make you look better.

Good luck with your game, lol

Last edited:
D

Dandysius

I really don't care where Kupo or whoever else is. I think this post is not about that. Is there something not understandable in comment i wrote? I think that questions he asked, were already answered or are pointless itself. Asking me how I define successful game?... Like really? But I admit it that english is not my mother language and I may understand wrong.

Ah, okay. If English isn't your mother tongue, tone is hard to judge. Basically, everyone was saying you should pay your artists in this thread if your game becomes "very successful," because usually "very successful" means "I'm going to make a lot of money," so people are saying it's only fair to give some of that money to your artist if you do make money. Just giving them credit instead sounds really rude, like you're just trying to use them without giving them a fair share.

I think kupo asked what "success" meant to you because he thought maybe we were all misundertanding you here: if you only meant "I think lots of people will play the game (for free)," then offering only credit to the artist is fair, because credit is the only thing you'd be getting, too.

Basically, your first post read like you were planning on getting rich with your game, partly by using an artist for free help, which came off as predatory and wrong. If that wasn't actually your plan, then we're all mad at you for no reason, which is why kupo asked for clarification.

Your first post came off very badly, but I didn't know English wasn't your first language. If I did, I wouldn't have been so sarcastic, either!

kupo15

Here's a secret: kupo's a nice guy. He was almost definitely asking his "dumb af" question to make you look better.
I think kupo asked what "success" meant to you because he thought maybe we were all misundertanding you here: if you only meant "I think lots of people will play the game (for free)," then offering only credit to the artist is fair, because credit is the only thing you'd be getting, too.

Basically, your first post read like you were planning on getting rich with your game, partly by using an artist for free help, which came off as predatory and wrong. If that wasn't actually your plan, then we're all mad at you for no reason, which is why kupo asked for clarification.
Bingo. Thanks Hopeless!

I was planning on sticking up for you depending on your response but after that rude response I think I'll excuse myself from your thread. Good luck