• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Need Help With Game Maker Error

Humi_007

Hi, I'm new to game maker and wanted to try it out. I installed the program on Windows and after going through the installation process an error occurred. I cancelled the error and I tried opening GameMaker again but the same error came. The error was: " Internal error 0x0D: Interface not found: SteamClient020! ". I thought it must be because I am low on space but when I checked I had 300GB left. Please help because I want to get started on making games ASAP. Thanks.

Slyddar

" Internal error 0x0D: Interface not found: SteamClient020! "
Gamemaker Studio 2 is free to use, so make sure you are using the latest version from the Yoyo website. Searching that error brings up dubious results, so just sign up and download the newest version from Yoyo, that should fix your problem.

Humi_007

Slyddar, I download version 2.3.4.583 Windows edition. I even download it like 3 times just to be sure and the same error occurred. I downloaded Gamemaaker from Yoyo games website. I don't know what the issue could be.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
If you have any antivirus enabled then try disabling them then installing and running again. If that fails you'll have to contact YYG and request help.

Humi_007

Nocturne, I tried to download GameMaker again but when I opened the installer it said that I already have a Gamemaker installed and that I have two options, either to delete the previous one and download this one or to cancel the current installation. I clicked to delete the previous one and download this one but nothing happened, I checked my whole computer and there is no trace of GameMaker, I tried it again and the same error occurred, looks like we ran into another problem because nothing is downloading now... If you don't mind, If you have GameMaker on your PC can you put it on google drive and send me a drive link so I can download it directly? Thanks. :)

rIKmAN

If you don't mind, If you have GameMaker on your PC can you put it on google drive and send me a drive link so I can download it directly? Thanks. :)
You can download it directly by either logging into your YYG account on the website and getting it there or download the installer from the Release Notes page.

Follow the guide Nocturne linked to completely remove any existing installation, install the version you download via either of the above methods and then login to the IDE using your account details.