• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

HTML5 Need help with exporting HTML5 game...

R

Ryzzax

Hi all,

So yeah, basically I want to upload a HTML5 game on Newgrouds, I know how that works, but I have a small problem... When I create an application for my game, instead of giving me an index.html, an HTML file, it gives me that(of course, because I don't have that, I can't upload my game to newgrouds);

So, yeah, it just gives me a Chrome HTML File, which is not what I want...(sorry, it's in french, 'Document' stands for 'File' btw)

Of course, I know after that I need to compressed them in a compressed zip file.

So yeah, do you guys know how to make it a simple html file?

Thanks to anyone that helps me out!

Pss: btw, I'm not really sure if I'm posting this thread in the right section of the forum, so if not, just move it, I don't mind. thank you

Zodaris

Because of the way HTML works, it's impossible to do it as just a single .html file. HTML's sole purpose is to act as a base for a web page. It's the frame. Everything else is built onto it, and thus have to be separate files.

Usually to apply a game to such a site, you put ALL of the stuff (so everything in the .gif you have there) into a .zip, and submit that. It may say it wants a .html file, but just zip all that together and it should work fine.

R

Ryzzax

Because of the way HTML works, it's impossible to do it as just a single .html file. HTML's sole purpose is to act as a base for a web page. It's the frame. Everything else is built onto it, and thus have to be separate files.

Usually to apply a game to such a site, you put ALL of the stuff (so everything in the .gif you have there) into a .zip, and submit that. It may say it wants a .html file, but just zip all that together and it should work fine.
Alright, I'll try that, maybe when I tried to upload it to such a site, yes it was in a compressed file, but maybe not a .zip... I'll reply back if it works or not.
Thank you @Zodaris