Legacy GM Need Help With Boss States(Re Upload)

K

koopy eacret

In My Game I'm Working On. I Am Trying To Add A Boss Fight With States
(Update: The Game Is A Platformer Shooter Combo With A Limited Number Of Ammo That Refill Over Time)

Which Is A Better Way Of Doing That, With "Scripts OR With TimeLines?"
And I Would Love Any Other Boss Tips As well

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I All Ready Uploaded This Once Today,But Am Trying Again Because I Never Got An Actual Answer
https://worldbucket.itch.io/cave-light<----My Game Demo
I'm Adding A Boss TO This Game
I Would Love If You Would Check It Out.​

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Selva

You probably want to include a few more details here. (And by that I mean a lot more details. 8) ) Timelines and scripts are both just tools. What tools you are best depends on a lot of factors. You have not even said what sort of game you are producing.

K

koopy eacret

You probably want to include a few more details here. (And by that I mean a lot more details. 8) ) Timelines and scripts are both just tools. What tools you are best depends on a lot of factors. You have not even said what sort of game you are producing.
Oh,Sorry Its A Platformer Shooter Combo

S

Selva

Okay. Is the Boss following a specific path or does it vary according to the players actions? Do it's state changes occur as a result of the players actions or at preset times?

Aaand approximately what changes from state to state?

K

koopy eacret

Okay. Is the Boss following a specific path or does it vary according to the players actions? Do it's state changes occur as a result of the players actions or at preset times?

Aaand approximately what changes from state to state?

Well the boss has 'x' Amount, Of Health To START, and when It Gets To 75% Health It Goes To Another State And 50% Health Triggers Another State And Finally 25%Health DOES THE FINAL ONE

Now In My Game All Normal Enemies Are A One Hit Kill, But All Have Different Techniques To Kill Them
So The Boss Will Change Its Moving And Attacking And Dodging Patterns each state change.

AND Each State Might Have State With in States Were Once he Is done With One He Does A Random Other State.
The States In Particular I Have Not 100% Thought Of, But I Want Alot Of Jumping States Like Him Jumping Around The Room With Massive Leaps

K

koopy eacret

Hope That Helps You Understand A Bit More.

TheouAegis

I use scripts. My personal style is a giant switch inside of a script; but that's just because i already have too many scripts for me to keep track of.

D

Deleted member 467

Scripts might be the best method here as you can build a state machine that lets the boss behave differently depending on his state/health