Need Help with Attacking Animation

J

Jscoombs

Hello everyone,

I'm not totally sure if this belongs here, so please be gentle. I'm working on a metroidvania currently, but I am god awful at making sprites and animations. I've gotten around this like a lot of devs I've seen on Game Maker by using small resolutions for sprites. I'm currently working with 16x16 sprites. Here's my character:

As you can see, he's just a little guy :D

So, what I want to do is make three separate attack animations that he can chain for combos. I've attempted this and it looks terrible. I know free work is not something you should typically ask for, but if anyone more skilled than I would be willing to throw something together or perhaps assist me in making a nice looking animation, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you all

J

Jscoombs

Yes of course, very sorry. I actually made an edit yesterday explaining, but it doesn't seem to have saved. Anyway, I want him to attack with a sword slash, pretty similar to what you see in Hollow Knight. A sort of blade blur in front of him like you see in a lot of action platformers. Thanks again!

Something like this: