• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer need help making a text MOG

dannerz

Name: -Factions of Nations-

Details:
The plan is to build a faction. It is a text based game.
There is no live action. Everything is in the form of text
and descriptions. There will at first only be 1 server.
The server will be on my computer, and it will have admin features.
Each player has a part of the .ini file assigned to it.
So, if your client closes, the data stayes the same and safe inside of
the server's ini file. As time passes, the server updates
the ini values. Like you get +40$ per minute, for example.

What I need or want, is someone that is good with networking.
I can pay a small or medium amount of mon mons if needed.
But i also accept free help.

I've got sound effects, songs, pixel art, etc.
But all i need is someone with more network experience than me.

dannerz

There has been a change in plans. Either I get a new router and internet set up, or someone else hosts my server game file, by having control over his router, and setting it up to host the file.

T

The Sentient

Your plan sounds like it would be very susceptible to client side abuse.

I've got sound effects, songs, pixel art, etc.
Sounds like the meaning of 'text based game' might have changed a bit since I was a kid.

dannerz

I did not mean the game has sound effects, songs, and pixel art.
I just meant, i can do those things already. I mainly need help with programming, and also now with the issue of having a suitable host.
There's a chance someone may mess with the system, but, what can a person do? I will try to make things as good as i can for those issues and other issues.

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
This sounds like fun, I write code that's easy for others to continue on with. well documented and support afterwards.

Inbox me and we can talk, I have a few questions which will decide whether or not I'm the person to do this.
Also I used to jam text adventures like Aardwolf, it's enjoyable.

R

R34LD34L

Im available for hire, you can check out my posting and add me on skype for more information regarding this project. I have experience in networking and have even created a MMO in gamemaker pure gml server and client. If your interested add me on skype: R34LD34L

M

Master Maker

I'm available for hire, PM me here. This sounds like a pretty easy task, so my price would be $4 an hour. I have experience in networking, and have built a real-time, multiplayer, 3d fps in GML that runs upwards of 60 fps.