1. Hey! Guest! The 31st GMC Jam will take place between Nov 16th, 12:00 UTC (Friday noon) and Nov 26th, 12:00 UTC (Monday noon). Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

GML NEED HELP: Bringing my background layer's tiles to life

Discussion in 'Programming' started by E4gy, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:25 PM.

1. E4gy

E4gy Member

I wanna make a Kirby inspired wall-of-death out of my my background tiles. It should look like this, but a bit faster:

[NOTE: THIS REQUEST WILL BE RE-UPLOADED SOON DUE TO A CLUMSY MISTAKE I MADE (read comments)]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 6:40 AM
  2. Danei

Danei Member

That video you linked is 4 and a half hours long... which part is the "wall of death"?

3. Rob

Rob Member

You'll have to watch it all to find out... Only then will you have the honour of creating an informed response!

NeonBits likes this.
  4. TheouAegis

TheouAegis Member

I just realized that was a four hour movie and now my data must be through the roof! LOL

if you mean a Wall of Death such that there is a wall moving behind you and if you do not stay ahead of it, you will die, classically that's just done with a variable that increments. The player is not allowed to go past that variable, so if the wall is moving from left to right, the player will not be able to have an x coordinate less than that variable. if the player's coordinate is less than that variabl, you push the player out. He then track if he is colliding with any normal, impossible to rain. If he is, you kill him.

Alternatively in studio 2, you can put the moving wall on its own layer and then move that layer.

5. E4gy

E4gy Member

Oh what a bummer, something went totally wrong with the video. Instead of just showing one scene it accidentally loaded the whole video.

I'll have to re-upload the request. I'm sorry for that clumsy error