Idea Need a temporary name for my game

C

CAREFACE

Hello,

I am soon uploading for public my final version of my prototype, but I'm just bad when it comes to naming.

The game is a 2D action platformer, where you control an armored warrior with no chestplate, with eyes glowing white, and "somehow" he got some crazy abilities.
Here's a quick footage of the gameplay:
keywords gathered so far:
Ascended
Arcane Brawler
Armor Man
Blood Orb
Fight to Slaughter
Nasomet's Duty
Odd Orbs
Olden Orbs
Omnipotent Orbs
Oozing Orbs
Orbital Orbs
Organic Orbs
Otherworld Orb
Over Orb
Path of Glory
Power Quest
Project CAREFACE
Project Orb
Rage Warrior
The Orb Mystery
Thousand Fists
Unwelcome Presence
Familiar Presence
quick synopsis of the demo & ideas:
Could you give a synopsis of the game's story or mechanics? It can help with coming up with a new name for your game. First Journey is alright but I feel you could use something a bit better.
The game is a fast-paced hack n slash, exploration, treasures to find and some "parkour" platforming. The warrior we play with, is "bloodthirsty", likes to fight.
Since its a prototype, theres no main story, so I just made a random plot for testing purposes, meaning theres dialogues.

So you start out of nowhere in these snowy mountains, and end up meeting a heavy armored warrior with the same mystery powers as you, and helps you to how to play the game (tutorial), teaching you trough the game new moves.
The whole level is played in a snowy theme/icy caves and the enemies are just random Bandits trying to snag a kill on you.

At the end, you meet a non-human humanoid (Boss Fight) which can fly and use magic (with magical orbs, which is revealed that we can control these orbs and make use of it upon defeating him, the orbs are a core "weapon" in the game), also, the heavy armored warrior knows him from not being from that world.

Main character is a silent protagonist, yet to be named. All other characters have names.

Maybe I could use the Tutorial Warrior name for the title, since he kinda has some impact trough the game.

Or maybe, just to not make a big deal of it, since its just a small demo, something like "Project something"

Orrr since the Orbs are major in the game, it could be on the title very easily making alot of sense in the game. hmmmmmm
Also, a closer look on the warrior, just in case:

For now, I named it "First Journey", because I had in mind, it's going to be this little guy first adventure on a full playable level. The level itself is on a snow/ice theme.

Still not happy with it, It sounds way too cheesy, what do you guys think?
Any suggestions? Looking forward with your ideas! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
E

erickexl

Yo, I'm new to the site. Could you give a synopsis of the game's story or mechanics? It can help with coming up with a new name for your game. First Journey is alright but I feel you could use something a bit better.

C

CAREFACE

Yo, I'm new to the site. Could you give a synopsis of the game's story or mechanics? It can help with coming up with a new name for your game. First Journey is alright but I feel you could use something a bit better.
alright, so,
the game is a fast-paced hack n slash, exploration, treasures to find and some "parkour" platforming. The warrior we play with, is "bloodthirsty", likes to fight.
Since its a prototype, theres no main story, so I just made a random plot for testing purposes, meaning theres dialogues.

So you start out of nowhere in these snowy mountains, and end up meeting a heavy armored warrior with the same mystery powers as you, and helps you to how to play the game (tutorial), teaching you trough the game new moves.
The whole level is played in a snowy theme/icy caves and the enemies are just random Bandits trying to snag a kill on you.

At the end, you meet a non-human humanoid (Boss Fight) which can fly and use magic (with magical orbs, which is revealed that we can control these orbs and make use of it upon defeating him, the orbs are a core "weapon" in the game), also, the heavy armored warrior knows him from not being from that world.

Main character is a silent protagonist, yet to be named. All other characters have names.

Maybe I could use the Tutorial Warrior name for the title, since he kinda has some impact trough the game.

Or maybe, just to not make a big deal of it, since its just a small demo, something like "Project something"

Orrr since the Orbs are major in the game, it could be on the title very easily making alot of sense in the game. hmmmmmm
Macho Knight
haha, well I'm up for some funny titles, who knows :D

Last edited by a moderator:
E

erickexl

alright, so,
the game is a fast-paced hack n slash, exploration, treasures to find and some "parkour" platforming. The warrior we play with, is "bloodthirsty", likes to fight.

haha, well I'm up for some funny titles, who knows :D
I thought about "Arcane Brawler" and maybe your plot could focus around having to defeat mysterious and legendary beasts causing trouble? Just a thought, cuz im not THAT good with names either. I'm mostly about game design and direction.

S

sAint

I always spend way too long naming anything and end up hating the name later anyways.
I might need to create a thread like this too for my game later on.

Here goes:

BloodOrb
Rage Warrior
Path of Glory
Power Quest
Thousand Fists
ArmorMan
Fight to Slaughter

I don't know the availability of any of those, I was just throwing out ideas.

C

CAREFACE

I thought about "Arcane Brawler" and maybe your plot could focus around having to defeat mysterious and legendary beasts causing trouble? Just a thought, cuz im not THAT good with names either. I'm mostly about game design and direction.
I always spend way too long naming anything and end up hating the name later anyways.
I might need to create a thread like this too for my game later on.

Here goes:

BloodOrb
Rage Warrior
Path of Glory
Power Quest
Thousand Fists
ArmorMan
Fight to Slaughter

I don't know the availability of any of those, I was just throwing out ideas.
thats actually how it should be done, I'll edit the main post with the word ideas x)