• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Job Offer - Programmer Need a script to put text (from a list) into game

shmurl

I have a game that tests kids on some Hebrew vocabulary (you can see it here). The pacman needs to collide with the correct answers to get points and continue to the next level.

This is how I currently have it set up.

I have one sprite per level. In that sprite are 20 subimages.

The first 10 subimages are correct matches the last 10 subimages are incorrect matches.

At the beginning of each level, 22 boxes are created. Each box has a different subimage of the sprite (there are 2 that are repeats because I have more word boxes than subimages).

Then I put in some code telling the game that (when player collides with wordbox) if subimage is 0 - 9 it is correct and if subimage is 10 - 19 then it's incorrect.

It works as it should. However, other teachers asked if I could make the same thing for them using their word lists. However, I don't want to sit there creating new sprites for every word of their list.

I am looking to hire someone to create a script where I can still have the game function as it should, but I should be able to edit the word list by copying and pasting text as opposed to creating new sprites.

All of the word boxes will look the same, however keep in mind some words may be longer than others. So the script should shrink the size of the words and or grow the size of the box (up to a certain limit) to accommodate for bigger words.

Lastly, the list will include Hebrew and English words. Gamemaker doesn't recognize languages that read left to right, so you may need to add this (#1 in the linked post or something similar) anytime Hebrew is being added.

If you are interested in the project, I will send a link with the game file.

Please let me know how soon you would be able to finish such a project.

My budget is approximately $50

Thanks