• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request Need a network programer for 2D multiplayer pvp game[DoodleWarfare]

ayrenn

Hey my name is Ayrenn and i am a programer, gamedesigner and i want a team of 2-3 people to make 2d multiplayer hero shooter to release on to something like itch.io and something to add to our portfolios. I know how to program but i cant do any networking so i need someone to do the networking part wich include chat system, hosting, servers, lobbys and some other stuff. Im also the artist, the art is going to be fairly minimalistic and focus is on gameplay but an artist could help for better looking levels.

Roles
Desginer and ideas - the team (note i have a vison but i want people to build upon it)
Programer - me
Artist - me
Networking dude and second programer/ Needed
Artist and art direktor / Needed

The Game!
The game is called doodle warfare or something else and the plan should be to release 6-10 champions/heros/doodles that players can choose between and 1-3 game modes like a braw/deathmatch, controll points and 3v3 elimnation. Each champion will have a passive and 2 activate skills and a charging ultimate. But where the intersting part plays out is that each champion can morph one of its abilitys wich lets the doodles chose a certain role like the green one eyed doodle is damage focued but if you morph his shield ability he becomes more of a support shielding his friends from damage.
better art.png
Champion Concepts
BigBoy (Tank and Controll), the big blue one
Weapons - None but Jumping on enemies deal massive damage depending on size.
Passive - grow bigger for each kill or assist, growing increases hp.
skill1 - grow super big for 4 seconds and heal yourself and your team
skill2 - shoot a big projectile stuns and deals high damage
Ultimate - grow so big your legs cant support you and become a turret for 8 seconds shooting damage dealing projectiles
Morphs - Some of BigBoy's morphs - If morphing the ult he can walk while in turret form or morphing his passive gaining more hp from growing in size or morphing his skill1 healing himself and his team more

Spikey (Assasin - utlity) the red one with spikes
Weapon - None but deals damage to enemies that attack him
Passive - Spikes grow bigger for each kill and activating a skill or ultimate gives you movement speed for 1 second. The bigger your spikes are the longer range your damage abilitys have.
skill1 - shots 10 spikes in a cone, this skill works like a shotgun, the closer you are to your enemy more damage will be dealt as all spikes hit enemy
Skill2 - grow spikes from ground in an area stuning enemies in the area 2 seconds.
Ultimate - for 4 seconds you shoot spikes out of your body really fast wich

These are just 2 champion concepts and i have written down even more champion concepts like (Devil, tiny, mechy, flamy, king and Cyklops) wich is in the concept art. Of course anyone in the team can suggest new doodle champions to add to the roster.

Summary for people who want quick information - I need someone that can do networking for the 2d multiplayer shooter, i am a Programer, artist, game desginer. The plan is to create a fun game to play that we release for itch.io and something to add to our portfolios and if the game gets well recived then perhaps we can go far with it.