• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Necrollow

Pfap

I'm working on a zombie survival game and have one play area finished and it loops back to the main menu. Not sure if I want to keep working on it though. I'm including a link to a .zip folder with the game.

Controls:
Arrow keys and space bar.

Here is a link to the game it is a zip file, but my pc is still complaining about dangerous files from the internet.
http://www.trexpanic.com/haunted_shooter_gmc.zip

Please let me know what you think if you give it a try :)

G

guyinboots

This looks awesome! I'll download it and try it out right now :D

Nehemek

Alright, here are my thoughts:
  • I made it to zombie #63 before giving up, the difficulty just didn't ramp up and never had to deal with more than 3-4 at the same time :/
  • The bullets pierce every object so there is no rush to look for open ground to shoot them.
  • There are no incentives to move around, no items to collect, or something to give the game more spice. If you want you could stay iddle and just shoot and that would get stale fast.
  • I swear those zombies make cows sounds xD!
  • The artstyle is a little bit inconsistent. Some sprites have outlines, some have not. I thought it was to distuingish characters from scenery but there were also background elements that have outlines.

Pfap

Alright, here are my thoughts:
  • I made it to zombie #63 before giving up, the difficulty just didn't ramp up and never had to deal with more than 3-4 at the same time :/
  • The bullets pierce every object so there is no rush to look for open ground to shoot them.
  • There are no incentives to move around, no items to collect, or something to give the game more spice. If you want you could stay iddle and just shoot and that would get stale fast.
  • I swear those zombies make cows sounds xD!
  • The artstyle is a little bit inconsistent. Some sprites have outlines, some have not. I thought it was to distuingish characters from scenery but there were also background elements that have outlines.
Thank you for playing.

Your points have been noted and yes now that you mention it the bullet issue is a huge oversight. I will probably continue improving it and maybe implement an actual game with a story and objectives. Also, you must have a great ear, because the zombies do indeed make cow sounds!