• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android NDK location for Android Studio 4SDK

SimpleLife

Windows 10/64
I installed android studio manager 4.
I'm using gamemaker studio 2

I just don't know where the NDK file is, for Preferences | Platform settings | Android ?

My SDK is at
C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

but file explorer search is not showing any NDK path.

All I've done is installed these 2 things.
Have I missed a memo about configuring them?
Do I need to download and install an NDK separately to the SDK?

Many thanks
Peter

rIKmAN

Windows 10/64
I installed android studio manager 4.
I'm using gamemaker studio 2

I just don't know where the NDK file is, for Preferences | Platform settings | Android ?

My SDK is at
C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk

but file explorer search is not showing any NDK path.

All I've done is installed these 2 things.
Have I missed a memo about configuring them?
Do I need to download and install an NDK separately to the SDK?

Many thanks
Peter
Have you followed the setup guide?

SimpleLife

Thanks Rikman!
After literally more hours of researching, I found out it wasn't installed by default.
I had to ELECT to install it on Android Studio 4 via
TOOLS | SDK MANAGER |
Appearance | System Settings | Android | >> sub tab SDK TOOLS >> Tick NDK (side by side) and CMAKE.
(not so easy to find huh?)

and then mine was where it was supposed to be;C:\Users\peter\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk\ndk

android NDK tools - sdk manager - 2021-07-22 10_53_56-Window.pngandroid - sub menu - ndk cake - 2021-07-22 10_55_09-Window.png