Android My very First Game(took me 6 months)

L

lazylondongames

Hi All,

This is my very first effort at making games. After unsuccessfully trying out other game engines, I settled on GM:S 1.4 and since May of this year i've been working on my first game, I had to learn everything from scratch!

Here are the results; I named it Line Tennis and it's available on IOS and Android:

for IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/line-tennis/id1170318842?mt=8

For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lazylondongames.linetennis&hl=en_GB

Game Description:
With Line Tennis, you control the ball by drawing a line; the ball bounces off the line. Draw at an angle to change the direction of the ball, if you get the angle right, you will hit the target. If not the ball keeps bouncing and you can try again.

You must hit all 3 targets in 90 seconds. If you complete the level; you will be awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze depending on how quickly you finished the level.

Avoid the grenades that randomly appear in some levels.

Please try it out and let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DyingSilence

The game is solid, but the development time is a bit long for this. Do you count learning on other projects before this?

The game has it's challenge, but it's content is really, really repetitive. I suggest adding some way to exit it, as the back button doesn't work in the main menu, and the options on the screen contain no exit button either.

D

DyingSilence

Still, it's really well executed, keep learning and you'll be alright :)

L

lazylondongames

The game is solid, but the development time is a bit long for this. Do you count learning on other projects before this?

The game has it's challenge, but it's content is really, really repetitive. I suggest adding some way to exit it, as the back button doesn't work in the main menu, and the options on the screen contain no exit button either.
Thanks for the feedback! Yes I included learning time, also I have a full time job so can only work on it during evenings and weekends.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
*rubs chin* I'm not sure whether "I'll put up my first game ever on two app stores!" is something that leaves a good impression on me, but it definitely looks a lot better than my first game :p Those 6 months certainly wasn't poorly spent.