Windows My project won't open on a certain computer

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by PepticPaladin, Jan 7, 2019.

1. PepticPaladin

PepticPaladin Member

I have 2 computers that I use, both are windows 10. When I put the game folder on a flash drive and move it from computer A to computer B, it works fine and I can open the file. When I go from B to A, the file doesn't open. I don't get any error messages, it just stays on the welcome page. I can still create new projects on computer A, I just can't do work on computer B and then put it on computer A.

I've tried using a flash drive, dropbox, and emailing myself the project folder, but nothing worked. Both computers are using the same GMS runtime.

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

Try exporting a .yyz file using File > Export and opening that on the other machine.

3. PepticPaladin

PepticPaladin Member

That didn't work unfortunately. It's still just staying on the welcome screen.

4. immortalx

immortalx Member

Since you are saying that it stays at the welcome screen, I assume you're double-clicking the .yyz file.
    Try first launching GMS and then import the project.
    Another thing to check is the GMS executable in both computers having the same admin rights. What I mean is make sure that the "Run as administrator" checkbox in the exe properies on both computers is checked or unchecked. It shouldn't normally make a difference, but with windows you never know :/