My new brand (Kazan Games Limited)

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games

> OLD LOGO (look at the last post) <

My new brand for my company, Kazan Games Limited, formerly it was called Cube 3D Entertainment, was created in 2014, when the GM sandbox still existed, but now it is completely changing. (The logo is full vectorized).

Curiosity: Kazan is a volcano in Japanese.
The sun is an allusion to the flag of Japan, I put coconut trees because I love it. The light blue color refers to the ocean, so it is a set of a landscape.

History:
This name was very generic and I started to discover that it would be difficult for people to memorize that name. So this was one of the reasons why I wanted to change the name, and the focus now is not just 3D, but games in general (I used Game Maker to make 3D games, I had a remake of Super Mario 64, I did a 3D racing game and was starting to make a new one, but I ended up changing the engine [Unity]). The name C3DE came up when I created a sandbox account on the old YoYo Games website and I was running out of ideas, so as a Nintendo fan I was based on the Game Cube logo, so that very random name came up. I've always been a fan of Game Maker Studio and I love making 2D games on it. I am very proud of all the developers and my talent. I know I am not the best, I am quite far, but I work hard to get where I am, I am talking about everything, GML, C#, Design among others.

The only thing I want is feedback, thank you 😁
I would not like to mention it but please do not save these images.

Last edited:
I wonder how this logo would look if you took a cartoonish ocean and put it inside the "Kazan" text... You could make a cartoon ocean with a horizon line and then put that text on it to where the ocean is only inside it, and with the horizon line halfway up the height of the text. So you would need the details of the water bigger and more pronounced near the bottom of the text, and more diminished near the horizon line... But the ocean water would of course have to be at the same level of abstraction as your mountain; but in doing that, the waters themselves might end up looking too ambiguous. I guess you'd have to test it out.
But this is just a suggestion based on that you were thinking about water when doing the text.

pixeltroid

OP, have you thought of how your logo would look if it had to be laser cut from steel, or shrunk to fit on a visiting card or an icon? IMO, with your current logo, you would lose a lot of detail. Maybe it shouldn't matter if you don't plan on laser cutting or printing your logo in a small size. But ideally, the symbols on logos should be very simplified so they can be easily reproduced across a variety of materials.

If you don't mind, I made a rough abstract version of your volcano in 15 minutes.

KAZ.JPG

It's still more or less the same concept, but much more simplified. In fact, it can be simplified even further. Perhaps you can show the coconut tree in white in front of the blue part. Maybe add an ocean wave at the bottom going in a curve around the volcano and the sun. IF you're interested in exploring this look, I can pass on to you the PDF file of this artwork.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I wonder how this logo would look if you took a cartoonish ocean and put it inside the "Kazan" text... You could make a cartoon ocean with a horizon line and then put that text on it to where the ocean is only inside it, and with the horizon line halfway up the height of the text. So you would need the details of the water bigger and more pronounced near the bottom of the text, and more diminished near the horizon line... But the ocean water would of course have to be at the same level of abstraction as your mountain; but in doing that, the waters themselves might end up looking too ambiguous. I guess you'd have to test it out.
But this is just a suggestion based on that you were thinking about water when doing the text.
Hi, thanks for the suggestion, I really liked the idea and something else came to mind, I could make each game have a unique background for the game embedded in the name "Kazan", for example, I'm making a tropical game, so I can put some islands inside of the name. And if I make a war game, I put a game-related background inside.

OP, have you thought of how your logo would look if it had to be laser cut from steel, or shrunk to fit on a visiting card or an icon? IMO, with your current logo, you would lose a lot of detail. Maybe it shouldn't matter if you don't plan on laser cutting or printing your logo in a small size. But ideally, the symbols on logos should be very simplified so they can be easily reproduced across a variety of materials.

If you don't mind, I made a rough abstract version of your volcano in 15 minutes.

View attachment 30813

It's still more or less the same concept, but much more simplified. In fact, it can be simplified even further. Perhaps you can show the coconut tree in white in front of the blue part. Maybe add an ocean wave at the bottom going in a curve around the volcano and the sun. IF you're interested in exploring this look, I can pass on to you the PDF file of this artwork.
Wow, thank you very much for the time.
I liked your suggestion, what I have in mind is that I will use two types of logos, one with all colors, and the other with only one color, or all black, or all white, for example, in the original color image , everything that is black can be transparent, and the colors can become merged into a monochrome color. Here's how it might look:

In this case, I would use the monochrome color on the website, and the colorful logo in games or other things.
If I were to print, then I would have to divide the volcano logo into 3 pieces, and in total it would be 7 with the name "Kazan" and "Games" in addition to the lines. 😃

I got a resolution of 5342 x 3008 after I exported from Illustrator 😮

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
I too think the palm trees need adjustment. Either have just one so that it's easier to recognize, or none at all to make the rest of the logo cleaner. Other than that, I like it.

On a side note, I can't help but think of the logo for Sierra Entertainment when I saw yours.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I too think the palm trees need adjustment. Either have just one so that it's easier to recognize, or none at all to make the rest of the logo cleaner. Other than that, I like it.

On a side note, I can't help but think of the logo for Sierra Entertainment when I saw yours.
Thanks for the comment, I think that having just one palm can be interesting, as you said, it can become more visible. I will try that. I was inspired a lot by the logos of Riot Games and Hypixel Studios:

Wow Sierra is a very old company, I remember when I bought a game called SODA Off Road Racing

pixeltroid

Wow, thank you very much for the time.
I liked your suggestion, what I have in mind is that I will use two types of logos, one with all colors, and the other with only one color, or all black, or all white, for example, in the original color image , everything that is black can be transparent, and the colors can become merged into a monochrome color. Here's how it might look:

In this case, I would use the monochrome color on the website, and the colorful logo in games or other things.
If I were to print, then I would have to divide the volcano logo into 3 pieces, and in total it would be 7 with the name "Kazan" and "Games" in addition to the lines. 😃
Traditionally, brand logos have multiple formats. And when graphic designers create them, they work in a specific order:

1. Solid Color format (black on white and white on black) -- we first only focus on the basic form and make sure the logo is legible in black and white, in all sizes. Only when it is finalized in black/white do we start adding colors.
2. Full Color format -- This is where we carefully create a brand color scheme and apply it to the logo.
3. Stylized format -- This is optional. It's the fun part where you can play around with textures, effects and more colors. You can use these for special promotions (perhaps, a T-shirt or website banner). But in order to do this, your logo needs to be extremely simplified. For example, ID software does a good job of it.

id_2.jpg

All that said, there are several issues with your logo.

1. It doesn't easily convert from color to black and white, as seen in the logo you posted. The shading and the lava details are lost in the B/W format. Obviously, you worked on color first and then tried to convert it to black and white.
kazlogoprob1j.jpg

2. the line thicknesses used in your logo are inconsistent. It looks very unprofessional.

kazlogoprob2.jpg

3. Your logo has several small unwanted "pieces" as a result of the trees outline. It not only looks bad when zoomed in, but it will also not render properly when you print them on a small size.
kazlogoprob3.jpg

4. There's also an issue with your colors. You have nice colors for the volcano and the sun, but the coconut trees just have a generic green and brown. They look completely out of place.

A lot of the above issues can be resolved if you simplify your symbol.

I hope I didn't come across as too harsh a critic. But if you want to make your logo look more professional, I suggest you create your logo in B/W first. Make sure it's perfect in B/W and only then start adding colors.

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
@pixeltroid
Thanks for the comment, you spoke a little late lol, I was already going to show here how it turned out, I made a change in the palmtree and this time it looks like this:

But I made a copy of the sun and the trees so I wouldn't have to recreate them again like I did now. So I can still make adjustments to this logo without so much effort.

[1]

I had done what you mentioned in the first item, I first started with the base color (white) and then put the colors: (This includes everything), The icon was painted using geometric shapes over the mask.
That was the reason why I put the thickness separating some parts, to be more visible when I convert the colors tô black or white.

The green markings were the copies I made so that I could make changes if needed, like now for example
I noticed that the icon lost some details, but that doesn't sound too bad, can I alternatively stick the logo where it contains the spilled lava?

[2]
I left the outline of the thicker coconut trees a little too, I added the same thickness as the volcano but I thought it was strange, I can try to make it thick again.

[3]
This can be easily corrected, I just have to move the palms a little.
What do you think about decreasing the size of the sun a little?

A curiosity came to my mind, you referred to having several small pieces, this seems to me ok to correct, but what about the Sierra logo as @FrostyCat mentioned?

[4]
I'm kind of bad at picking colors, I confess that I picked the colors of the palm trees randomly, and the one at the back I made it darker so as not to be confused with the one at the front, you could take some colors for me and quickly repaint the logo for me to replace later ?

But at the end of the day I don't want to remove the palm, I just need to fix things, what do you say about everything I said above?

Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate it 😁

Last edited:

pixeltroid

@pixeltroid
Thanks for the comment, you spoke a little late lol, I was already going to show here how it turned out, I made a change in the palmtree and this time it looks like this:

But I made a copy of the sun and the trees so I wouldn't have to recreate them again like I did now. So I can still make adjustments to this logo without so much effort.

[1]

I had done what you mentioned in the first item, I first started with the base color (white) and then put the colors: (This includes everything), The icon was painted using geometric shapes over the mask

The green markings were the copies I made so that I could make changes if needed, like now for example
I noticed that the icon lost some details, but that doesn't sound too bad, can I alternatively stick the logo where it contains the spilled lava?

[2]
I left the outline of the thicker coconut trees a little too, I added the same thickness as the volcano but I thought it was strange, I can try to make it thick again.

[3]
This can be easily corrected, I just have to move the palms a little.
What do you think about decreasing the size of the sun a little?

[4]
I'm kind of bad at picking colors, I confess that I picked the colors of the palm trees randomly, and the one at the back I made it darker so as not to be confused with the one at the front, you could take some colors for me and quickly repaint the logo for me to replace later ?

But at the end of the day I don't want to remove the palm, I just need to fix things, what do you say about everything I said above?

Thanks for the effort, I really appreciate it 😁

The main problem is that you are trying to create a scenery instead of a compact abstract symbol that looks like a volcano. Right now, you're trying to balance the volcano, the sun and the coconut trees. That's why there are issues with details, outlines and colors.

If you were to simplify things, half of your problems would be solved. Get rid of the details that are not necessary.

IMO the coconut tree is just distracting. It's also interfering with the other elements and is giving you problems with outlines and the sun. If you MUST show the coconut tree, then place it in front of the volcano as a silhouette. That way you won't have to worry about it's colors. Your concept would remain the same, except that you've moved the coconut tree to a place where it wont interfere with anything.

kazan_3.jpg

Maybe the tree looks too big, but just imagine that it's in the foreground or something. IMO, the sketch shows everything is balanced. The outlines are of the same thickness and working colors won't be a problem. You can still add details if you want to. If you like that, I can vectorize it and give it to you later.

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
The main problem is that you are trying to create a scenery instead of a compact abstract symbol that looks like a volcano. Right now, you're trying to balance the volcano, the sun and the coconut trees. That's why there are issues with details, outlines and colors.

If you were to simplify things, half of your problems would be solved. Get rid of the details that are not necessary.

IMO the coconut tree is just distracting. It's also interfering with the other elements and is giving you problems with outlines and the sun. If you MUST show the coconut tree, then place it in front of the volcano as a silhouette. That way you won't have to worry about it's colors. Your concept would remain the same, except that you've moved the coconut tree to a place where it wont interfere with anything.

View attachment 30869

Maybe the tree looks too big, but just imagine that it's in the foreground or something. IMO, the sketch shows everything is balanced. The outlines are of the same thickness and working colors won't be a problem. You can still add details if you want to. If you like that, I can vectorize it and give it to you later.
I liked the idea of putting the palm in the middle, is it okay for me to use both palmtrees and make adjustments? Will I still be able to add colors to the palm trees? Because I want to have two versions of the logo yet (colorful and white). Can I put thickness in the palmtrees like the same thickness as the vulcano yet? I need these answers, please, later I will make the adjustments, if I still can't I will have the great pleasure of receiving your help. Thank you.

pixeltroid

I liked the idea of putting the palm in the middle, is it okay for me to use both palmtrees and make adjustments?
I guess you can add both palm trees if you want to, but it might be distracting. Depends on how you do it.

Will I still be able to add colors to the palm trees?
if your coconut trees are silhouettes, it will be cut out from the volcano. So you wont have any colors for the tree. Just the color of the background - black or white. You can add colors, but then the trees wont be a silhouette anymore, and you will have to deal with outlines and such again.

Because I want to have two versions of the logo yet (colorful and white).

You can have the colored logo and the white logo. But make sure it looks perfect in black & white first.

Can I put thickness in the palmtrees like the same thickness as the vulcano yet?
I guess so. But it's better to use the thin outline for both the palm tree and the volcano.

Toque

Iconic icon. Pun intended. I had many Sierra games but the Quest series for Amiga and Leisure Suit Larry come to mind.

Apology for off topic.

The tree.... how to include it but make it like the other elements? Border thickness as pixeltroid mentioned ?

could the tree just be solid black with the sun behind it? Like a silhouette??

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Iconic icon. Pun intended. I had many Sierra games but the Quest series for Amiga and Leisure Suit Larry come to mind.

Apology for off topic.

The tree.... how to include it but make it like the other elements? Border thickness as pixeltroid mentioned ?

could the tree just be solid black with the sun behind it? Like a silhouette??
Thanks!
To be honest, I liked this alternative more than putting the palm trees on the volcano and covering the details of it, I think it looks better, and that's what I wanted initially, so I'm just going to put the palm trees "inside" the sun and cut the sun wearing your mask and see how it looks (I'll do that later).

I don't know if you asked about how to include, but the answer is:
You must use the pathfinder in Ilustrator by pressing "CTRL + Shift + F9" and then use the second tool at the bottom (I forgot the name :bash:), then you will "merge" the two forms, after that, you use the tool "A" and select the parts you want to delete and press "Delete". It is important to make a copy of these things before making changes so that you don't have to redo them that I didn't even have to do if I wanted to modify them.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Hey, I think I am satisfied with the result now, the colors are no longer distracting, although I still have a problem with small parts, but I will not print the logo and if it were the case, it might not be such a problem.

I know that not all colors are represented in monochrome versions but I like this way, thank you very much to everyone who contributed.

Observe it in different versions (All 4000x1024):

(there are strange lines, but this was caused by the scale when I exported, this is not a problem)

Last edited:

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I made just a few small changes today:
I fixed the letter "N" and "K" format, changed some colors and changed the lines next to the name "Games".
The shadows are for viewing only.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
The blue GAMES is a bit hard to read. But looks great.
Really? I think the black shadow caused this. I tried not to use so many different colors and make it more uniform, without calling too much attention in one part than another. So I took the color from the middle of the volcano, I tried to take the lighter color but I think it is not so good, but who knows if I try again it will be good. 🤔

Toque

If it’s on a white background it’s probably fine. It’s like there is an internal shadow on the blue Games. Or the outline is thick and there is very little colour left. Maybe some else could look at it and my old eyes are to blame.

D

dannyjenn

I think the trees look better in color rather than silhouetted. Though it might be too many colors that way.

But I'd either get rid of the trees, or else make them insanely huge. Right now they look like unnecessary detail, and their smallness looks weird given the line weight of the volcano. Makes them look out of place, and it will only look worse once the logo is scaled down.

Maybe get rid of the volcano and the sun, and just use the trees.

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
I think the trees look better in color rather than silhouetted. Though it might be too many colors that way.

But I'd either get rid of the trees, or else make them insanely huge. Right now they look like unnecessary detail, and their smallness looks weird given the line weight of the volcano. Makes them look out of place, and it will only look worse once the logo is scaled down.

Maybe get rid of the volcano and the sun, and just use the trees.
I can't get rid of the volcano because it is the main icon, as "Kazan" means "Volcano" in Japanese. You're right that the palm gets in the way a little bit, however I love palm trees and I'm sorry to remove 😅 . About size, it scales normally by the tests I did. I made a pixelart of the logo and it looks good on my eyes: