• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

My list of notable improvements.

MilesThatch

Ok so this is my first impression of GMS2. Obviously it's biased as I look at it in ways it benefits me in my programming habitat so please take it with a grain of salt. Over the course of the video I looked into the featues as if I was entering a new piece of software. Some things make sense, some things things were greately improved and some things didn't sit right with me. I hope YoYo would find the feedback useful.

PS: if you intend to leave some feedback on the video, WATCH IT UNTIL THE END. Some things that I may have missed and you know a solution, may have already been discovered and addressed in the video later on.

This was a list of notable improvements and subjects I produced when looking into this engine for the first time.
Suggestions for YoYoGames
- Spacebar for play/stop animation in animation editor.
- Change text size in code editor (Was F7 and F8 in Studio 1)
- Home Button for focus back on the window in the workspace if you loose it somewhere in the infinite dimmension of a workspace (it's easy to loose your window as I find myself having to be careful about mouse movement when looking around inside one, which is a part of why I found the concept to be a tad iffy, but nothing I can't get used to)
- Animator panel, draw shapes scaled from center using while holding alt key (Reference Every Graphical editor ever made)
- remember the window snap settings. So I if I separate a window from the game maker program, close it and open it again, it would stay unsnapped. There is usually a lot of closing and opening of winwos going on so if I open a workspace with players sprite and move it to monitor 2, if I close and re-open it, I'd expect it to stay on monitor 2.
- objects editor custom icon. Refer to video. for explanation.
- room navigator (Like in photoshop. You had that in GMS1)
- room editor, alt-copying objects doesn't copy the room-in-editor scale/ rotation options of that object
- expand room size into any direction, OR allow to global select EVERYTHING in the room. Refer to video for explanation. I think I make a strong case.

Ctrl+A should select all objects in a layer. AND if you have multiple layers selected, it should select those objects/ sprites etc too. This may be an easier alternative instead of expanding the room in left and upwards directions (which would cause some understandable issues)