• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

My installed game files don't exist???

S

Steven_Hammon

Game works perfectly in Game Maker.

Create Application :D

Double click to install. Installation complete!!!

Run the game after installation? Sure! Works perfectly. Close.

Now where is my game? Wait, it didn't even create the installation folder. The files aren't on the computer!

Did it delete my game after installing it?

Or did it not install it in the first place?

What happened?

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I suppose it's possible your anti-virus "protected you" from what it labeled a threat. But in that case, it seems unlikely it would have allowed you to open/run the executable.

More likely, you ran the executable from the pop-up directory that opened after creation, and didn't pay attention to the directory path. So I'm guessing the game folder is right where Studio created it. Waiting to be discovered...

S

Steven_Hammon

I did a search of the entire drive. I triple checked locations. It's really strange. Works fine on my main computer but 2 other computers in the house just didn't play ball. Reboots and everything. I ended up having to make a zip of the files and then just unzip them manually and set them up to play. I even tried using iexpress to make an installer and it did the same thing. Says it's installed successfully and click finish but there are no files in the file location. Weird as.