• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

My game won't play on my phone

U

Uhfgood

Not sure if this is the proper place to put this. I've set everything up, hooked up everything, I hit run on my game, and then it doesn't run. Compile seems to work, but it will say adb get-state returns No emulators/devices found. I know the phone is hooked up, in debug mode, etc.

Anyone have any ideas of what's wrong. I've been looking around and I haven't found anything out. A few messages mention adb drivers -- not really sure what is meant. Is it drivers on your pc for your android phone, or is it drivers specifically on the phone? Or maybe I have some other problem. Any ideas?

Bingdom

Googledom
You need to make sure you have installed the correct drivers on your computer.

It can either be downloaded from your phone brand's website, or by going:
Device manager -> Unknown/Android device

rIKmAN

Download the correct drivers for your phone, it's not being detected - hence the error message "No emulators / devices found"

U

Uhfgood

Got it, thanks guys.

Although now it's having a build failure:

A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.BreakBit'.
> failed to find target with hash string 'android-23' in: C:\Development\Android SDK

rIKmAN

Got it, thanks guys.

Although now it's having a build failure:

A problem occurred configuring project ':com.companyname.BreakBit'.
> failed to find target with hash string 'android-23' in: C:\Development\Android SDK
Open the Android SDK Manager and install API 23.

This post will be helpful for you.