• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Linux My game runs slow on Linux (Ubuntu)

E

ElBebo

Hi everyone,

after days of pain trying to set up Ubuntu with VirtualBox I did run my game on the guest OS.
The main problem is that the game speed is just too slow, frame rate is stable but everything seems to go in slow motion. Is this problem related to insufficient performance? On Windows the game runs perfectly and the game itself is not a really heavy software to run. Could it be a wrong options setting for Linux export? Lowering fps could I get better results?

This is not the first time I encounter this problem, in fact one day I tried the same game on an Android Smartphone and even on it the game run slow. Could it be a common problem for Linux based OSs ?

Thank you all in advance! ;)

Hans Mills

I have the same issue. Changing the overall game speed or the room speed has no effect on the game speed while running on Ubuntu. When I test the changes on Windows I get the expected speed changes. On my raspberry pi nothing.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

If you expect rasperberry pi to have good performance then you must be missing something. Linux can sometimes be faster than windows, it depends on the hardware among a lot of other variables. Running it in a VM will make it much slower as well.