• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM My game opens an open file window

R

RG Games

Hi, I'm new here, but not new on game maker, and this has never happened to me before.
Basically, when I test the game in GMS 1.4 it works fine, but when exporting, installing and trying to play, it opens one of those "choose file" windows instead of running the game.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
It will give you that "Choose file" window if the main exe can't see the data.win. Don't just double-click the exe in the zip file, extract everything to the same place first.

R

RG Games

It's not on a zip file, this happens after exporting as a windows installer and installing the game.
In the flder the installer creates, there is not a data.win file, I'll look it up, but that might be it.

R

RG Games

In fact, after checking previous versions of the game, the installer isn't creating the data.win file. Any idea of why that happens?

EDIT Solved, It seems like the installer didn't exported properly, or something like that, so I exported it again, and now it works.