GM:S 1.4 My game opens an open file window

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by RG Games, Dec 11, 2019.

1. RG Games

RG Games Member

Hi, I'm new here, but not new on game maker, and this has never happened to me before.
    Basically, when I test the game in GMS 1.4 it works fine, but when exporting, installing and trying to play, it opens one of those "choose file" windows instead of running the game.

2. FrostyCat

FrostyCat Member

It will give you that "Choose file" window if the main exe can't see the data.win. Don't just double-click the exe in the zip file, extract everything to the same place first.

3. RG Games

RG Games Member

It's not on a zip file, this happens after exporting as a windows installer and installing the game.
    In the flder the installer creates, there is not a data.win file, I'll look it up, but that might be it.

4. RG Games

RG Games Member

In fact, after checking previous versions of the game, the installer isn't creating the data.win file. Any idea of why that happens?

EDIT Solved, It seems like the installer didn't exported properly, or something like that, so I exported it again, and now it works.