• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GMC Jam My game jam game.

M

Misty

Okay, so this is killing me...after i submitted my game to the jam I realized it had a lighting bug...causes the lighting in one level to be yellow instead of purple...

Here is the version you need to have...don't download the old and buggy one I uploaded to game jam...
Version 007
https://app.box.com/s/jmbmoyydg8i3ibb9kxxfvqk19xj27xjm

Made with GM Studio and doesn't need fullscreen. Minimum 800x600 res recommended but not needed.

my devlog is coming soon.

note to mods...far as i can tell its a finished game...if you encounter any bugs let me know.
also i am running late so screenshots will have to wait

Last edited:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
This is an interesting start. It has a sort of stark industrial look to it. And there's a metallic banging sound in the background, like in a factory. At first I thought it was going to be one of those "doomed" type shooting games. But this seemed more about exploration than about shooting.

I'm not sure I understood the messages I read. But I was able to move around, examine stuff, shoot things, and open doors, etc. So I went down the corridors.

A few times, the game seemed to start over at the beginning for some reason. Not sure if that's planned, or a bug. But I kept going and explored a few more places.

Overall, this looks interesting so I may play more later. I get the sense there's lots of rooms to explore. So nice job on this so far.

Roa

He moves like he is lathered in baby oil on a slip n slide. Is it possible you could crank the fiction a bit?

M

Misty

My dudes, there is a HD version of this sitting on my computer that is gonna be way better than the original. Rome was not built in two days.

In the next version, the movement will be a lot better.

Chance, I noticed what you noticed about the levels. They seem empty to me too.

But I am intrigued about a metal sound in the background. I don't recall adding any. Can you record it and tell me what you are talking about?

There is a metal sound in the HD version, but I never uploaded it. So I am very curious if there is some kind of temporal rift in the internet dimension going on lol.

KurtBlissZ

Had lots of fun playing this, sadly I have to go do school work.

You need to save all the gear the player had at check points, the game is really challenging later when you have no one shot and no grenades because you died.

M

Misty

Had lots of fun playing this, sadly I have to go do school work.

You need to save all the gear the player had at check points, the game is really challenging later when you have no one shot and no grenades because you died.
My intent was to program that into it, are you sure that it occurs....

For example, on the Airport level, if u have 2 grenades and u die, you should respawn back with 2 grenades...
Glad u had fun though.

If you need help or pointers, just ask.
What do you feel needs attention?

Last edited:

Roa

For example, on the Airport level, if u have 2 grenades and u die, you should respawn back with 2 grenades...

What do you feel needs attention?
The movement and a FOV. You should use motion_add() with friction and a if speed> max_speed then speed=max_speed.

M

Misty

The movement and a FOV. You should use motion_add() with friction and a if speed> max_speed then speed=max_speed.
Already fixed that in HD version, but what is wrong with the FOV. I specially designed it (and u can zoom for different FOV.)

HD version im not releasing until more levels and better gfx.

Roa

It just seems really close for 4:3. What do you have the number set to? Gamemakers default is 45

Roa

Somewhere around that. I was going for a similar FOV to halflife.
gamemaker takes a value from the 0 vector to either the -1 or 1 between the render space of the aspect ratio. So any number you feed it is times to, so 45=90truFOV and 50=110fov when comparing it to other scales.

M

Misty

gamemaker takes a value from the 0 vector to either the -1 or 1 between the render space of the aspect ratio. So any number you feed it is times to, so 45=90truFOV and 50=110fov when comparing it to other scales.
90 fov is more than quake, no reason to increase it then.

KurtBlissZ

Glad u had fun though.
Oh, I probably thought the last checkpoint was back farther. Nevermind.

KurtBlissZ

Actually I was right I played this again and after I got the ignition key. Also a small bug, for my res being 768p the game slowly looks up, but if I press alt+enter to switch to full screen it stops so I was able to play it just fine, and you should be able to fix that by just using the floor function when setting the mouse in the center of the screen. Anyway I really like the feel of the game and figured you might of updated it by now, but oh well. The sounds are sweet too, mostly with how you played with the pitch too, did you use them from somewhere or did you just made them your self?