• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE My game in gamemaker broke

I

INeedHelp

so all I did was add an object in a room with nothing else in it and that object made text appear, later after making the object and placing it in a room I later discovered that when I pressed a button to make it go fullscreen it was really slow and on an object that's meant to fade didn't fade

Is there a way to go back to an earlier save
(I also tried deleting the object and room and it still didn't work)

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
As the game's developer, you are responsible for ensuring access to "earlier saves" - whether that's through backups or using source control. If you don't do this, it's "you break it, you fix it".

If you find yourself unable to resolve it on your own, you may want to post a topic about it in the Programming forum.

I

INeedHelp

Sorry but Im kinda new to GM so what do you mean by source control

I

INeedHelp

oh thanks but Im just gonna start over again and copy everything from my other project. But just in case is there a more efficient way to get everything from another project to another without doing everything again ( I know i can import sprites and animation and copy code but im still curious )

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
If you want to copy everything, copy the entire project folder.

If the target project already has resources you want to keep, you can create a local asset package consisting of the resources of the first project and import it into the other one. That seems like a roundabout way of fixing this issue, though...

I

INeedHelp

I cant copy the ENTIRE project because like I said something went wrong in an object and it seems it affected everything else even if it was completely independent and separate