• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

My game doesn't work

R

RagingMole

So um, hello guys I'm new to game maker. Been studying it 5 months now.

So I was making a platformer game. Evrything works quite well. But when I was making a door object and I tested it, the game won't open. It just stopped compiling.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

dphsw

Does it work again if you delete the door object?

If yes, there's a problem with that object and you'd have to tell us more about it.
If no, you probably just have to clear the cache (hit the green dustpan icon in between the stop icon and the pacman icon) - GameMaker goes nuts sometimes. Balloon Platform Defense one day started looking like this for no reason at all - I spent ages trying to fix it, and it turned out I just had to click that dustpan:
Screenshot corrupted.png