Android My first game: Boggs

R

Ryan

Hey guys, I just released my first game, Boggs.
https://ryanluce.itch.io/boggs

I bought gamemaker like many in the humble bundle and decided to give this a shot. I'd had the sprites from another time I'd tried to make games in flash. I wanted to extend the gameplay out of just the tapper-alike so I created some dream levels and a loose narrative.

It's a short game, and should only take 5 or so minutes max to complete. This is the style of game I like - short, fun, a little weird.

It's on the google play store now and should be on the iOS store in a week or so. I've also uploaded a windows version even though it's best played on a touch screen.

It's still got some bugs and stuff, but since this is my first game I wanted to get it out the door so I can iterate on some of my other ideas while I expand my experience with gamemaker. I'll fix the bugs and what not in a week or to and update it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well definitely short, sweet and random lol. It was fun in a random sort of way. I would recommend taking a bit of time to tidy it up a bit - or do so on your next game. Just things like changing the settings so it says your game name at the top of the window and not using the gamemaker icon - personalise it a bit. But considering you only just started on GMS this is a good first effort. Good luck with your next game!

R

Ryan

Ah yes, if you used the windows version I really didn't intend this to be on a windows machine I just put a build out so people could play it if they don't like mobile as much. I think I got the icon for android and ios right though. I appreciate the advice.