• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

my beta license expired and now I can't work!

H

hardkery

hello. I uninstalled gamemaker 2 because I had a problem with it. Now my beta license expired.
I purchased gamemaker 1 and now I can't work on my projects.. How can I reinstall it now?
Or download a gamemaker 1 version?
Thanks

rIKmAN

hello. I uninstalled gamemaker 2 because I had a problem with it. Now my beta license expired.
I purchased gamemaker 1 and now I can't work on my projects.. How can I reinstall it now?
Or download a gamemaker 1 version?
Thanks
If you purchased 1.4 and have a valid licence then you should be able to login to your YYG account and download it from there.

I'm not sure about the beta licence expiring, although it may be that now it is out of beta that the beta licence is no longer valid and you should think about purchasing a full licence.

Somebody else will have to confirm that though as the beta licence no longer shows on my account since I upgraded.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
The GMS2 Beta was Licensed only for beta testing, but did not grant you rights to the full version on release. If you want to continue using GMS2 then you need to buy one of the licenses for it (Desktop, Mobile, HTML5 or UWP). If you require a copy of 1.4, then you should go to your YoYo Account page, as your 1.4 licence will be there along with a download link. If you were using the Free version of 1.4, then it is no longer available and you'll need to buy GMS2 (which currently also gives you a 1.4 licence and permits you to download it too).

H

hardkery

Thanks a lot for your quick help!
I think I will purchase a new license for gamemaker 2.