• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android My apk increased the size by 50%

Hello good afternoon, since 2 weeks ago my applications created in Game Maker 2 began to increase in weight by 50% more than the project, from one day to the next the apk weight from 95MB to 147MB, and the strange thing is that the project in general, The whole folder is still 99MB, the only strange thing happens when I export to .apk that the weight increases, the only thing I have added is the update of the IDE of the last two versions, and a little code.

I have a MacOS Catalina V10.15.6
IDE V2.3.1.542
Rutine 2.3.1.409
SDK min 21
API level 29

Architecture
Armv7
Arm64

When I create the textures, the assets are 90MB but a 140MB .droid ending file is created

PS I speak Spanish, an apology if some words are not understood, I make an effort to translate.

Nice night fart

FoxyOfJungle

Kazan Games
Audios/music can weigh a lot in the size of the APK, have you noticed if the songs in the game are of very high quality? Like the amount of bits per second, sample rate and more. 128 bits is much lighter than 320 for example.

SnoutUp

Double check your included files as well as extensions as it might be that some of them are being added to APK despite previously marked to be excluded from the Android build.

Mert

The gml_pragma function affects how the given target compiles your code and should be called with the different commands to further optimise the final compilation of your project. These commands are effectively pre-processed before the game is compiled and so the function can be placed anywhere in your project and it will still be processed before the game is fully compiled.
From the Manual, as you should've read it from

Use it on Game Start Event

The gml_pragma function affects how the given target compiles your code and should be called with the different commands to further optimise the final compilation of your project. These commands are effectively pre-processed before the game is compiled and so the function can be placed anywhere in your project and it will still be processed before the game is fully compiled.
From the Manual, as you should've read it from

Use it on Game Start Event
Thank you very much, I added in the first object of the create event the following line of code but I found no difference, it still weighs the same size in my android compilation in VM and YYC
Do I think I'm doing something wrong, or does the feature not work in Game Maker 2.3?

gml_pragma ("PNGCrush");