• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Music Working in Windows But Not HTML5 (GMS1.4)

I'm using audio_play_sound to play this. I've tried all the compression modes

It works fine as a standard Windows target but the music doesn't play when I switch to HTML5 and test it

chmod777

Browsers need a user interaction (mouse / touch) before they allow audio to be played. "Compressed - Streamed" sounds will have issues on mobile iOS anyway.

Browsers need a user interaction (mouse / touch) before they allow audio to be played. "Compressed - Streamed" sounds will have issues on mobile iOS anyway.
TBH I'm not to concerned with a browser-ready game working on mobile platforms. If I was targeting a mobile version I'd make specific iOS and Android ports tweaked for that.

Also: nope. Literally every other sound effect works in-browser but the music still will not play despite working fine on the windows target

renex

try replacing the builtin ffmpeg.exe that comes with game maker (22mb) with one of the official builds (70mb). i've found that some very specific file formats can't be decoded by it, and that produces empty/missing output files.