• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Music for a game

D

Daulton Leach

Anyone know anywhere that I can find some free usable music for my game? Looking for sound effects and some upbeat platformer jams

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
  • OpenGameArt.org (the music/SFX section is a bit hidden)
  • soundimage.org
  • freesound.org (mostly sound effects)
  • modarchive.org
Make sure you check licenses of individual music you download, though, and adhere to them.

Genetix

I would do some research onto licensing and suchforth - you can find a lot of copyright free music and sound effects on youtube that give out CC3 creative commons license for full commercial use. Many of these have sites that you can head to download - and of course there are other ways.

C

Compressed Vision

If your still looking for music and sound effects id love to compose some music and effects for you!

X

xorphinindi

I've found that Beepbox.co is useful for making simple sound effects. It's nothing fancy, but it's functional.