Music files now make glitchy pop noises

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by TheBaconMan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

This happens mostly on one file, game menu music that repeats. But I now hear it occasionally in the game music.

I'm currently using WAVs for music - compressed, not streamed (not the uncompress method).

I can't use streamed, because I need to keep the audio files hidden in the compile.

And lastly, I have my music sound turned down to .5. No pitch change like the other guy with a problem.

Gamemaker 1.4.

2. Mick

Mick Member

You are probably using a version newer than 1.4.1772? The audio engine was replaced and was never fully fixed it seems.

3. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

1.4.999999. So you're saying it might have been left with issues when they moved to 2?

4. Mick

Mick Member

I'm not sure, but I have seen several people talking about stuttering etc. on versions beyond 1.4.1772.

5. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

Good to know. I'll just make the worst offender uncompressed and live with the rest. Thanks!

6. TheBaconMan

TheBaconMan Member

It seems like using WAVs with the "uncompress on load" method does not cause any pops. Good deal.