• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM Music doesn't stop if I close on Splash.

C

Chippy

Hello. While I was working on my game I realized that if I load the game and then close it when it is on the splash screen the music in it plays forever. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this?

jazzzar

Hello. While I was working on my game I realized that if I load the game and then close it when it is on the splash screen the music in it plays forever. Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this?
so you mean if you open the game and exit it while it's on the splash screen the music plays for ever? how ? the music doesn't even start at splash screen (or i'm stupid and didn't get what you mean) please explain

C

Chippy

jazzzar said:
so you mean if you open the game and exit it while it's on the splash screen the music plays for ever? how ? the music doesn't even start at splash screen (or i'm stupid and didn't get what you mean) please explain
Yes. That is what happens. My game goes through a loading room then in the next room the music starts. For some reason though if a turn it off during the splash screen the music plays and wont stop.

jazzzar

Yes. That is what happens. My game goes through a loading room then in the next room the music starts. For some reason though if a turn it off during the splash screen the music plays and wont stop.
the thing that i'm not getting, are you using the splash screen mechanic of game maker or you created a room for that? as music doesn't even play at splash screen

C

Chippy

I am talking about the default game maker splash screen that shows up at the start of the game.

C

ConsolCWBY

if I load the game and then close it when it is on the splash screen the music in it plays forever.
Are you killing the process during start-up? I mean, how do you 'close' it when it's on the GM:S splash screen?

C

Chippy

Are you killing the process during start-up? I mean, how do you 'close' it when it's on the GM:S splash screen?
This happens when I press the X button on the window. When I kill the program the music stops.