• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Alpha Multiverse

E

Enagic

First of all, I'm a native spanish speaker, so please forgive my grammar mistakes!
Ok, move on.

MULTIVERSE

Multiverse is a puzzle-platformer which uses the theory of parallel universes to develop the gameplay mechanics and plot. Travel across multiple universes to resolve puzzles around strange worlds and progress with the story!

The story focuses on a teen of unknown name who, in an effort of develop a program available to simulate multiple realitys, ends up colapsing the system and is teleported without aparent reason to a strange lab. Is then when all starts.

The game actually has very little content at the moment. It can be played past the tutorial, but when you reach Pineville, there's nothing more for now. Consider it in version 0.001 (Edit: Updated!).
It's set in english by default, but it can be changed to spanish in the options menu, at the start of the game.
The controls are explained in the game, but, just in case:
A: Select/Continue with the dialog
Arrow keys: Move, Jump
Enter/Scape: Pause

Oh, and about the music:
The first music (the cave one) was made by me, but the other (the lab one) was taken from the marketplace for free, and I don't remember the author. I'll credit him as soon as I remember his name, tho.

V0.002 (16/07/16):
  • The sounds are way softer now!
  • The resolution of the game now should fit correctly any screen.
  • Added a switch for fullscreen on/off (press F4!).
  • Added an image of Everett into the installer.

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know of whatever you want. Any coment, good or bad, is really useful, and I would be very apreciated to recieve any critic or support. And, of course, it would be very useful if someone can tell me about the english translation, because probably it has a few mistakes for now.

Oh, and here's my twitter where I share some of the progress of the game!
https://twitter.com/multiverse_dev

See ya!

Last edited by a moderator:

alexde5th

Played your game, here's what I got so say.
• The concept here is VERY well executed! A little difficult to learn, but something I found really awesome to play!
• The music switching between normal and distorted when changing universe was really well done.
• The sounds are a little loud...
• The intro was really great. Kinda hurt my ears though.
• The graphics fit the game and look very clean!
• I couldn't figure out how to get past the part with the sign.
• The game started in fullscreen... what made this worse is that the scaling made the game outside of my monitor width.
I was recording, but for some reason, BandiCam didn't capture anything except the audio for some reason. So... I couldn't get a video out of it :v
I want to see this game improve!

E

Enagic

Thank you very much for the coments! I'm reaally glad to hear that you liked the concept too!

The general volume is something I wasn't aware of, so I totally trust you about that. Definetily fixing that soon.
The part with the sign is the last one I've made. I'm working on the next stage tho, but it will take some time to finish the puzzles, graphics, etc.
Oh, and the resolution problem is something I was aware of, but I didn't fix it -I don't know why hahaha-, so, just for know, your resolution is 4:3?

Beside that, thank you a lot! I will fix the problems as soon as I can.
See ya!

E

Enagic

Ok, now I've fixed some details for a better performance of the game!

The post have been edited, but here are the details anyway:

V0.002 (16/07/16):
  • The sounds are way softer now!
  • The resolution of the game now should fit correctly any screen.
  • Added a switch for fullscreen on/off (press F4!).
  • Added an image of Everett into the installer.
That's it for now, just minor tweaks. I hope this can help the game a little bit to be more enjoyable for everyone!