• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Multiple users on a single account

L

Lookky

Hello there! I am making a game with a friend, and both of us GameMaker Trial account is running out, so i would like to purchase the software.
I would like to know if my friend can use the same account i am using, so we wouldn't have to buy the software two times. Or we both should buy the product?

I didnt saw anywhere that this action is against the rules.

I also saw this on the FAQ:

"How many computers can I install GameMaker Studio 2 on?

You can have GameMaker Studio 2 installed (and be logged in) on 3 concurrent devices."

I am asking to check if i can really do this, so i wouldnt have problens in the future.
Also, i didnt saw anywhere where i can post non-technical support :c Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Thanks for you attention and you all have a great week

rIKmAN

Hello there! I am making a game with a friend, and both of us GameMaker Trial account is running out, so i would like to purchase the software.
I would like to know if my friend can use the same account i am using, so we wouldn't have to buy the software two times. Or we both should buy the product?

I didnt saw anywhere that this action is against the rules.

I also saw this on the FAQ:

"How many computers can I install GameMaker Studio 2 on?

You can have GameMaker Studio 2 installed (and be logged in) on 3 concurrent devices."

I am asking to check if i can really do this, so i wouldnt have problens in the future.
Also, i didnt saw anywhere where i can post non-technical support :c Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Thanks for you attention and you all have a great week
It means you can install the software for personal use on 3 different computers that you own/use (ie. desktop and 2 laptops), not that you can share 1 licence between 3 different people.
You and your friend will each need to purchase their own licences.

See Secton 3.6 (i) of the EULA for clarification, which states you can:
(i) install GameMaker for your personal use on up to three devices in order to develop and publish Publisher Property (e.g. assets and games);
Keep an eye out for sales, they seem to run quite regularly on various sites such as Steam and Humble as well as the YYG website.