1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows Multiple users on a single account

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Lookky, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Lookky

Lookky Member

Hello there! I am making a game with a friend, and both of us GameMaker Trial account is running out, so i would like to purchase the software.
    I would like to know if my friend can use the same account i am using, so we wouldn't have to buy the software two times. Or we both should buy the product?

I didnt saw anywhere that this action is against the rules.

I also saw this on the FAQ:

"How many computers can I install GameMaker Studio 2 on?

You can have GameMaker Studio 2 installed (and be logged in) on 3 concurrent devices."

I am asking to check if i can really do this, so i wouldnt have problens in the future.
    Also, i didnt saw anywhere where i can post non-technical support :c Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Thanks for you attention and you all have a great week

2. rIKmAN

rIKmAN Member

It means you can install the software for personal use on 3 different computers that you own/use (ie. desktop and 2 laptops), not that you can share 1 licence between 3 different people.
    You and your friend will each need to purchase their own licences.

See Secton 3.6 (i) of the EULA for clarification, which states you can:
    Keep an eye out for sales, they seem to run quite regularly on various sites such as Steam and Humble as well as the YYG website.