• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Multiple Surfaces - Seeking tutorial...

Hello All,
I was curious if anyone knows of a good tutorial for how to achieve something like this:

Basically, I am creating a game, I have the play area already created - but I want to now wrap a UI around it that would be a separate surface. I get the concept, but I just haven't been able to get it working yet. I don't need to know everything, basically how to go about expanding my view and overlaying one surface over another (the back one being the UI layer).

Thanks in advance! I will keep working at it myself as well, I will update if I sort it out on my own.

M

Misty

application surface and disable direct draw of application surface then draw application surface resized.