Android Multiple Cloud Saving

J

JonhJonh

Hi !

I need some help : I'm building multiple games for android. Each one is a part (or a chapter) of a big story.
Basically, i want to share Cloud saved data beetween each of this games.

Exemple : In chapter 1 my player won 1500 point of xp. I'm saving it on the cloud.
Then my player is starting the second chapter. I want him to get back all the xp from the first chapter.
Remember : each chapter is an individual game.

How can i make it ? Any idea ?

Thanks for help !

M

MatthewL019

I know nothing about the cloud or how to save things to it, however would it not be possible to save a file to the android device (lets say JSON for example) and to that file write statistics such as experience etc. Then, since you're the creator, you will know exactly where to find this file and how to read from it.

J

JonhJonh

Yeah it seems possible but i really want to use cloud saving to let users eventually play on different device. Plus, a lot of people are using a cleaner app that would probably destroy the file by detecting it as useless.

But thanks for the awnser ;)

Any other idea ?

Slyddar

Facebook integration offers a cloud save feature. You don't need any facebook features, you can just use the save option. Not sure if it will allow you to share the data between apps though.

M

MatthewL019

Yeah it seems possible but i really want to use cloud saving to let users eventually play on different device. Plus, a lot of people are using a cleaner app that would probably destroy the file by detecting it as useless.

But thanks for the awnser ;)

Any other idea ?
Never even thought about the possibility of it being destroyed.

J

JonhJonh

Okay, i'll take a look at the facebook solution. Thanks a lot.

If someone have an other idea, or some extra infos do not hesitate to share !

Anyway, i'll let you know if facebook is the solution :)