Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Eggyy Boi, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Eggyy Boi

Eggyy Boi Member

My dream is to make a top down multiplayer game. I have the sprites, and a general plan on how it would work, but I just don't know how to port it over to multiplayer.. Every tutorial on youtube just shows you how to place dots, and I get lost in the first 5 minutes. Would anyone be able to help me? <3

Thank you for reading <3

2. LittleRobotGames

LittleRobotGames Member

I would recommend taking a look at this example. I used this to learn about multiplayer functions in Gamemaker Studio. You can alter and experiment with this example until you feel like you get an understanding of it.

3. Eggyy Boi

Eggyy Boi Member

This is pretty good, but is there anything for gamemaker 1.4.7, since that's the version I use

4. The-any-Key

The-any-Key Member

I got a multiplayer add on for yoyo RPG engine. But yoyo stoped to sell it, so you need to have bought it before.
    Else
    My tips is to start small and work your way up. Starting with a big rpg multiplayer game is a bit hard.

5. Eggyy Boi

Eggyy Boi Member

I'm not really aiming for a big RPG game at the moment, I just want to make a basic foundation.