GML Multiplayer System WITH GHOST BUGS

A

andrizen

Hey, i tryid to create a multiplayer system, while watching a video tutorial on youtube.
On the end of 2nd part the youtuber tested and it goes without problems, i got a small bug that im trying to solve about 3 h ago...
i install the youtuber version and he does not have the same bug that i did.
WE HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME CODE, can anyone find the diferences between?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QracC_XfMqbzCecBbzIpP9hHqxRlRDH8/view

TheouAegis

Well I am on my phone so I can't download anything but... If his version works and your version doesn't then obviously you do not have the same code. You are obviously missing something that he has.

Reactions: Yal

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
You could use a tool like GNU Diff to compare the text, and then it can point out where the code is different.

A

andrizen

I did already copy paste one code to other and still with same error, im telling, it is a ghost bug, if someone can download and check i doubt it would find any thing visible bugging

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
it is a ghost bug
The fact that you believe in ghost bugs makes me doubt this topic will ever be solved. And in case it actually is a ghost bug, you probably should be asking around at a bible forum instead...

Yal

🐧 *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
you can have the same code but be testing under different conditions, and therefore get different results.
Or he could've pasted the code in the wrong place, so that it doesn't do what it's supposed to? :p Considering he's not even going to try out an automated comparison, we're never gonna know.