• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Multi-tiled sprite animation effects

B

Boxed

Is it possible to do this with game maker studio? For example a player transforms & a 3 -4 tiled animation comes from the ground & transforms into a suit? This is something we commonly used to do on byond

R

Rosieu

I'm not sure what you mean by 'tiled'. Could you link an example of some kind? :)

B

Boxed

Like this. But instead of the ground exploding there would be a suit of armor that would float. Or even a very large aura for example

B

Boxed

I'm not making a dbz game by the way. Something original but I still will need to be able to do this

TheouAegis

are you sure it is the tiles themselves being changed and not just a Sprite being drawn underneath? The only reason I ask is because that crater is very definitely centered on the player, so the player would have to be snapped to a grid at all times in order for that to work using tiles.

if it's just a Sprite, then just draw the Sprite and then draw the player.

if you are actually going to change tiles though, I'd use a FOR loop and some creative math to fetch each neighboring tile's id then change those tiles based on the current iteration of the loop.