• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Multi-colour catcher

M

Midastouch

Hello everyone,

In multi-colour catcher you control 3 blocks of 3 different colors.
Squares of 3 different colors spawn vertically.
To increase your score you must catch squares of the same color with your blocks.
If a block catches a square of a different color your score decreases
The time decreases throughout the game, white squares spawn horizontally, catching them with one of your 3 blocks gives a time bonus.
Take your bests score and submit it: https://gmscoreboard.com/Multicolor-catcher
Get the game for free : https://james-sawyer.itch.io/multi-colour-catcher

2.jpgUntitled.jpg3.jpg

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
I can't figure out how to play this. I selected 1 2 3 for the three keys. And that works. I can highlight a particular square in the middle row of squares that appears when the game starts.

But I can't move those squares to "catch" anything. So the score just goes up / down when a block hits one of those middle squares.

What am I doing wrong?

M

Midastouch

I can't figure out how to play this. I selected 1 2 3 for the three keys. And that works. I can highlight a particular square in the middle row of squares that appears when the game starts.

But I can't move those squares to "catch" anything. So the score just goes up / down when a block hits one of those middle squares.

What am I doing wrong?
You must select a square, and then you can move on the grid with a right click.
Your potential score isn't YOUR score, it is the best score you can do if you do everything perfectly.

You can press F1 in game to display the instructions.

And even a unselected block can catch a good or a bad color

Hope it helped you

Last edited by a moderator:

chance

predictably random
Forum Staff
Got it. I read the instructions (F1) but I didn't understand how to use the right click. I was trying to drag, rather than make the square jump instantly to that location.

For dummies (like me :D), it might be useful if the instructions said something like:

"Select a square with left click. Then right click anywhere on the grid to move the square there."

Anyway, it's good now. Fun casual game. Maybe I'll post a score later if I get better at it.