1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

MrPaint (Image Editor)

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by RujiK, Nov 10, 2019.

1. RujiK

RujiK Member

MrPaint (Mister Paint) is designed to be mspaint's superior husband.

The style is ripped from mspaint mixed with the controls and features of the GMS 1.4 image editor. If you still use mspaint or miss the GMS 1.4 image editor, it's worth a try.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Known bugs:
    If you copy an absolute black and white image (1 bit) and paste it, the results will be weird noise:
    [​IMG]
    This is easily fixed by adding a singular colored pixel before copying.

DOWNLOAD:
    (Alpha V0.2)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/1iatupmqy8wqczd/MrPaint_V02.zip/file

The coding was surprisingly fast. It was made start-to-finish in 2.5 weeks. I made it for myself but if anyone actually plans on using it please let me know.

Special thanks to @Samuel Venable for writing the image copy extension. Please report bugs and post any feature requests!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Bladestorm Games

Bladestorm Games Member

Gave it a try, it works really well!

I did encounter 2 small bugs/issues when using the Select Tool, heres the video demonstration:

Also, at the start i didnt realize that the white canvas at the start of a project could be deleted which would allow for a sort of "transparent layer" (Downside is if you remove all the White from the start of a project, you get a grey that matches the grey outside of canvas)
    what are your thoughts about starting a canvas with something like this?

[​IMG]

RujiK likes this.
  3. Toque

Toque Member

MS paint was a classic. Nice concept

RujiK likes this.
  4. RujiK

RujiK Member

@Bladestorm Games Thanks for the feedback. The checkered background is a good idea. The selection bugs have been fixed and there is now an alpha background setting in the "View" tab:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for taking the time to make that video! The DOWNLOAD in the main post has been updated with these changes.

@Toque Thanks :)

Bladestorm Games likes this.