• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Moving sprites get outlined

S

semistro

I had a problem with a game that I was working on and noticed a problem with moving sprites. they where kind of flickering, I tried using draw instead because for me it didn't matter whether I used one draw object or separate objects, I just needed moving clouds. tried a couple of things with global settings, depth and a separate test project but nothing seemed to work. Running in debug mode step by step I noticed that the sprite is 2 steps how it is supposed to be and 2 steps outlined, hence the flickering look. does someone know a fix to this?
filling the sprite with a transparency of 1 removes the outlining but instead makes it look blurred.

2 steps of how it should be drawn
cloud.PNG
2 the steps of ugly drawing (I used a 2 color cloud to the see what effect on different colors would be)
cloud-lined.PNG

Nux

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
do you have "interpolate colours between pixels" enabled in the global game settings? If you do, then turn that off.

S

semistro

do you have "interpolate colours between pixels" enabled in the global game settings? If you do, then turn that off.
tried that, it doesn't work. :/

I thought maybe it is a problem with the test runner, but I have the same ugly flickering on my Galaxy S6

S

semistro

can other people reproduce this problem?
1. make a non-filled light colored object (cloud/circle)
2. make it move on top of something of the same color for maximum visibility