• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Move from Trial to License

R

Robert Greenberg

I recently was trying out GameMaker Sutdio 2 and really liked it so I decided to purchase a desktop license. In my account it shows that I own that license, however if I go into GMS2 build targets on my windows machine all I see is the test platform.

I am assuming the free version is the same version everyone has and features are unlocked based on your license. Just wanted to see if anybody had any suggestions on why I don't see the new build target in an existing project that I have that I was evaluating GMS2 with ?

Thank you.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Go to File -> Logout and then log back in again - it should retrieve the new license at that point

Russell

R

Robert Greenberg

That was it, thank you !!!

I thought the application would update licenses when it started, didn't realize you had to log out.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
It should be doing it itself (that is what is meant to happen) but we seem to be having a few issues with that in the field where the license is not being updated correctly..

We are working on this as it is a bug and should not be happening, we are trying to replicate it here but not having much joy just now.

Russell

G

@rwkay This comes up every couple days, and that's just on GMC---why not just add a huge message to the purchase screen on the website as a quick stopgap measure? Heck, even throw an email into there. That wouldn't take hardly any approval, and it wouldn't be dependent on the build release schedule. (I submitted this suggestion but just got a "we're aware of this" response.)

I mean, this is a rhetorical question, I'm really just making this suggestion directly to you because in my imagination you're strolling through the office sticking a finger in the web guy's face and making it happen.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
As Russell said, it's supposed to do it automatically - so we'd rather find out why and fix that. And poking the web guys in the eyes is much more fun to boot. :D