GML Movable Platforms in GMS2

GM Version: GameMaker Studio 2
Target Platform: All
Download: N/A
Links: N/A

Summary
This tutorial will show you one (of many) ways that you can create a moving platform in GameMaker Studio 2. We will move the platform along the x axis and allow our player to press the "down" key to jump off the platform.

Part 1, creating the movable platform

Part 2, fixing collision and movement

Last edited:
E

Ephhep

There is problems with your moving platform, at first I thought I maybe did something wrong but after I downloaded your game and run it there is still the same problems. the character does a weird movement to the left and right when the platform changes direction (it can be seen in your own video), and I'm pretty sure but not at 100% that the speed of the character goes slower when you go in the same direction that the platform and faster when the character goes in the opposite direction of the platform.

Does anybody have a fix for those problems or an other tutorial to show me? The only other tutorials I found are for gamemaker studio 1.4

E

Ephhep

Does anybody have a fix for those problems or an other tutorial to show me? The only other tutorials I found are for gamemaker studio 1.4
Sorry for the double post, but nobody has an answer for that? That would be highly appreciated.