• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mouse Wheel Tilt to scroll view in Workspace/Room/Image & Middle-Click Title Bars to Close

P

Pudsy

A tiny suggestion, but it'd be nice if we could scroll horizontally in these new-fangled Workspaces using wheel tilt on mice that support it. Scroll wheel works fine for up/down though.

Thanks!

Reactions: xot

xot

GMLscripter
GMC Elder
Yes! I don't use a tilt-wheel mouse anymore but this is a wonderful feature when available.

P

Pudsy

Also, am I missing some shortcut to close any sub-windows that are added to a Workspace? (besides the little 'x' at the top-right, of course). I'm finding sometimes that I have to scroll the Workspace view to find the 'x' to be able to close them.

So another suggestion... I wonder if clicking middle mouse button (or something similar) anywhere on the titlebar could close it? I tried dragging it off to the side (till it gives a red cross icon), but that does nothing (unless you drag out of the window entirely, then it splits off into a separate popup window).

I guess it's all just part of adapting to the Workspaces & "chained" stuff. Although I'm finding sometimes if I want to quickly tweak something then close that window, it can feel a bit clumsy with the view panning around as more things open.

Probably doesn't help that I'm stuck on a 1600x900 display at the moment & space gets tight unless I hit F12 to hide all the docked doo-dads. Or I can zoom out, but that gets ugly!

Last edited by a moderator:
X

Xaby

In the Image Editor and also in the Room Editor for me it would better to be able to use only the Mouse-Wheel to zoom in and zoom out, but I have to press the STRG (CTRL) key also. I looked in the menu, but didn't find, where I could change these shortcuts. Would be nice, to also be able to change shortcuts with mouse like in 3D environments. Thanks a lot. The new IDE is great. I realy love it. That is, what I waited 4 years for.