• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

iOS Mouse Position Lag in IOS

A

Adam Tompkins

There seems to be an issue with Game Maker 1.4 getting the Mouse_x, Mouse_y or any mouse functions (mouse_check_button) anywhere near the left side of the screen (x position less than 50 pixels on the standard resolution of 750x1334 on an iPhone7 IOS device in portrait orientation). What I notice is that I have to hold down the mouse for about half of a second before the Mouse_x or Mouse_y position registers. However, If I move the mouse to any other position, or as soon as I release it, the coordinates register.

This makes life difficult that the left side of the screen behaves differently than the rest of the screen. Any presses on a button will not register due to this.

This can easily be replicated by performing a draw event to draw an object on the condition mouse_check_button is true. You will notice the object will draw instantly anywhere on the screen as soon as it is touched, however, as soon as you release and touch the left side of the screen and hold it, the image is lagged before it shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adam Tompkins

Just tested on an iPhone 4S, issue was not present. Maybe this is just an iPhone 7 issue? Will try and get another iPhone 7 to test on.

A

Adam Tompkins

Testing another iPhone 7, same issue. Looks to be something with the iPhone7.

A

Adam Tompkins

Issue not present in the Iphone7 simulator on xCode, but issue still exists using the YYC

A

Adam Tompkins

Been waiting all week for a response to my ticket, anybody else notice this bug?