• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP Mouse Cursor Displaying in build

A

actruncale

I am trying to build my game for UWP but the original mouse cursor displays when I run the game. I've unchecked the checkbox to display mouse and have used window_set_cursor(cr_none). It works on all other builds (MAC, PC, Linux) but UWP shows the original cursor. Also, the cursor shows up in the XBox UWP build as well.

Any advice?

Basically, makes my game unpublishable until this is solved.

Last edited by a moderator:

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
This has been fixed internally but requires the Creators Update on the target machine to work (Microsoft have made this much harder than it should have been) - I am unsure if this fix will make it into the next version (it was only fixed this week after we had already locked down the current version) so it may be the version after that.

Russell

A

actruncale

This has been fixed internally but requires the Creators Update on the target machine to work (Microsoft have made this much harder than it should have been) - I am unsure if this fix will make it into the next version (it was only fixed this week after we had already locked down the current version) so it may be the version after that.

Russell
Thank you for your reply. I am glad it is fixed. I'll wait and be patient until then.